If you are reading this post you are one of the operators interested in offering the best service and continuing to enhance it once it is implemented. Today it is not enough to have an entertainment system; advertising it and making it accessible to passengers is also one of the most important factors. The objective is to improve passenger satisfaction, increasing loyalty. This objective results in increased Return on Investment (ROI). Below, we will give you some tips for increasing the use of your entertainment system.
Detecting our strengths (and how to advertise them effectively)).
The path to success is tough and full of potholes; therefore, overcoming them by knowing our strengths is vital. Not all aspects we think of as strengths really are, and not everything that works for the competition is applicable to ourselves. The first step is to take an introspective look at our service, learn about our passengers and their needs, and above all our limitations. For example, we cannot advertise our entertainment system in the same way on transport for children as on transport for adults. So how do we start? By discerning the passenger profile (age, route, the reason for travel, etc.), as this will affect future advertising actions. If you do not know how to do this, Azimut offers you powerful tools to do so. Do you have the profile? Let’s move to the second step: establishing the strategy.
Establishing the strategy: Planning as a key point.
Within the strategy for providing the service to your passengers, we must carry out optimal planning, thereby reducing costs and making achieving the objective easier. At Azimut, we help our clients with the advertising of entertainment systems by PERSONALISING each action. For example, we recommend that the advertisements on the system show the corporate brand of each client. In this way, as you provide information on how to access the entertainment system, you can rest assured that your brand image is associated with it. Below is a list of advertising actions which may be carried out on a bus:
- Short printed guides with instructions for access are very useful if we leave them at each seat, although their cost adds up as they must be distributed again on each journey to optimise communication. A point in favour of this system is that passengers can take them home and have a positive memory of the entertainment system, serving as a reminder for future journeys.
- Stickers: For the placement of stickers with instructions for use, the text must be very brief and direct. It is not recommended to add a lot of text. They must be very visual and simple in terms of understanding so that the information reaches the largest number of passengers. A point in favour of this is that you can choose where to place them, although the negative is that you must choose correctly. If you do not take the passenger profile into account, the stickers may not be visible to them (due to height or not being in their line of sight). It is an effective way to advertise the system which is semi-permanent and inexpensive.
- Emails before the journey: One way of advertising that an entertainment system will be available to passengers during the journey is to send an email after the purchase of the ticket. In this way, the expectations that each passenger has of the journey are raised. The disadvantage of this action is that if these expectations are then not met, passenger satisfaction will be significantly reduced. To avoid this, you must have the best content onboard.
- Announcements by loudspeaker / central screen: An effective way of advertising the availability of the entertainment system is through an announcement on the central screen or over the loudspeaker of the bus. In this way, you will guarantee to reach all the passengers on the bus. The disadvantage is that these instructions cannot be reread, and therefore if they are not simple, passengers may be frustrated if they cannot connect to the system. The Azimut onboard entertainment system is very easy to access, which allows passengers with any level of technical expertise to enjoy the content onboard. Another aspect to take into account with this action is that it depends on the driver making the announcement once the journey has begun. Considering that the most important aspect is the safety of travel we run the risk of the announcement of the system being such a secondary concern that it is forgotten.
- Specific content: Once on the platform, our entertainment system allows the advertisement of new content, company actions and even monetisation of the entertainment system through advertising with our tools.
Many options, 1 client.
Having seen the best-known ways to effectively advertise the entertainment system and analysed their pros and cons, it is time to decide which is best adapted to our needs and also to know our limitations for implementing them. Azimut offers personalised consulting to each client to make your entertainment system a form of ROI and help you stand out from your competition. Our team is available to answer any query which you may have about this post, and are at your service for any question.